Shearon designed and constructed a new learning facility for Indian Valley Country Club. Shearon worked closely with a diverse committee made up of women, seniors, high handicap, and low handicap members, the club pro, and the superintendent to produce a practice area that met the needs of the entire membership. Built on 12 acres of farmland across the street for the club, the finished product features:
- 45,000 square foot practice tee
- Target greens that reflect approach shots on the golf course
- Short game practice area with two practice bunkers, chipping areas and grass hollow
- Putting green
- Lesson Tee with Enclosed Teaching Area
- Landscaped areas to buffer views
The finished product allows golfers of all skills to practice in an environment with a wide variety of shots that not only allows them to sharpen their skills while not losing interest.